No matter why you blog, having engaging content is paramount to getting people to read your post, sign up to your email list or buy your products. Bloggers write to get people to take action.
Here are 5 tips on how to write an engaging blog post.
- Write a catchy title. Your title and first paragraph are some of the most important elements in any blog post. studies show that only 80% of readers will read your title and only 20% of your post.
- Target your audience. Write a post that is specific for your target audience. If you’re trying to sell a product or get people to sign up to your list, write a post that solves a problem for your target audience.
- Make your content SEO friendly. It’s important for any blogger to show up in Google and other search engines. Make your content SEO friendly by including good, targeted keywords that will help you rank higher.
- Be helpful and informative. Whatever the reason why you’re writing a blog post is always best to be helpful and informative. Find a problem that relates to your target audience and include a solution on how to solve that particular problem.
- Include a call to action. Always include a call to action at the end of every blog post. If you want people to sign up to your list, including signup form or links to your content.
How do you make your blog posts more effective?