Last week I talked about what independent publishing is or self-publishing as it is more commonly known by. There are lots of different things to consider before self-publishing.
Here are the pros and cons:
- You retain all the rights to your work.
- You can publish your book very quickly in print or e-book format.
- You have full control over your project.
- You control the entire process from writing, publication and marketing.
You can publish your book very quickly in print or in e-book format.
- You can choose the editor, formatter and cover designer yourself.
- You get to keep most of the royalties.
- You don’t have any help from a publishing company.
- You have to do most of the work yourself.
- You have to pay for any costs such as cover design, editing and formatting.
- Some peopleI really think you are credible if you go through a traditional publisher.
- Getting your book into shops and libraries is much more difficult.
- You may not sell as many books.
What are your thoughts on self-publishing?
Want more resources?