When you first start blogging, it’s often easy to get overwhelmed by everything you think you should be doing. There’s so much information out there about what you should be doing such as writing posts every day or every week, promoting on social media, etc. I will the feeling very overwhelmed when I started blogging a few years ago and the pressure can sometimes stop most bloggers from continuing with their blog.
When you start blogging you can often think it’s just writing posts. But really you have to be a lot of other things than just a writer. You have to be a graphic designer, a salesperson and web designer among other things.
Here are five ways to avoid blog overwhelm
- Focus on one thing at a time. Instead of focusing on all the different things you have to be doing, stop focusing on one thing. Even if it’s just writing your blog post first. Don’t worry about sorting out graphics for each or promoting it. Focus on writing the post first and worry about everything else afterwards.
- If you have questions, ask for help. This is a common thing for many new bloggers. Most are so overwhelmed with questions that they feel they can’t get the answer to. If you need help, reach out and ask for it. Join a Facebook bloggers group and make a list of questions were things that you want to know about. This will help you and stop you from getting so overwhelmed.
- Take it one step at a time. Instead of trying to do everything all at once, take it one step at a time. For example, write your post, make your graphic and then start focusing on promoting it. Don’t try to do everything all at once or you will quickly become overwhelmed and lose interest.
- Get organised. Organisation is the key to any business and blog. Instead of being scattered all over the place, try writing your ideas down in a notebook. For example one page from blog post ideas, one for titles, one page for plug-ins and other notes.
- Write a to-do list and break it down into goals and priorities. Having a to-do list is a great way to keep track of your goals and the tasks you need to get done. Try to focus on your most important tasks first and leave less important tasks till later.
How did you deal with blog overwhelm?