In today’s world it’s very easy to become distracted by things and that will soon start eating away at your writing time. There’s always something else that needs doing, housework, feeding the cats or any number of other things.
Here are 5 ways to be a more productive writer:
- Schedule 15 minutes a day where you do nothing but writing. 15 minutes isn’t a lot of time to just sit down and write. Turn off all distractions too such as phone, internet and social media. You could even try writing by pen and paper instead of on a computer, I find this to be much less distracting than using a computer.
- Instead of ignoring the distraction, use them. If you really can’t ignore the distractions, use them. See what inspiration you can get from them instead. Or while you’re doing the house work, use the time to plan out your next scene or blog post. Or use the time to observe and get new ideas.
- Just write. If you feel you can’t write, just start writing. It can literally be anything. Or try outlining your next book or a blog post whatever takes your fancy. Just sit down and start writing.
- Research. If you’re feeling stuck on a particular subject try researching it or researching something new for another project and see what you come up with.
- Revise don’t edit. Instead of editing whatever you’re writing, try revising it instead. Go through it and see if you can change anything to make it better.
What tips do you have for being a more productive writer?