Lots of people start blogs and lose interest quickly because they don’t have a real purpose for starting the blog in the first place and aren’t clear what they want their blog to be about. Yes, blogging can be just an occasional thing you do for fun, but I like to think of blogging as something you can be passionate about.
Blogging can be a great way of promoting your business too but if you want to blog about other things then find something that interests you, that will keep you interested and that you enjoy talking about.
At first, I thought blogging about writing and self-publishing had been done to death but over time I’ve learnt that it’s something I always enjoy reading and learning about, so why not blog about it too?
Here are a few ways you can learn about how to choose your blog topic:
1. Blog about something you love to learn about. I never feel like you can completely learn everything about something. There is always something new to learn. So what do you love learning about?
What subjects do I love learning about?
What do I enjoy talking about?
What kind of videos do I enjoy watching?
2. Your hobbies. What are your hobbies? Do you enjoying designing or making different things? Do you enjoy playing a particular sport?
3. Reading. What do you enjoy reading? Or writing? If you love a specific thing it can be a great topic for you to blog about and will definitely keep you interested in continuing to write about your chosen topic.
4. Something you love. What do you love talking about for hours? If you can’t think of anything ask friends or family and you will probably soon find out.
5. Something you know. What do you know the most about? If you study or work in a particular field, why not write about that.
A great way of finding a topic you love is to write a list of 5 things you love, whatever five things first come into your head and that’s a good starting point for your blog topic.
How did you find your blog topic?