The start of a new year is a time for self-reflection and starting new goals. I luckily managed to complete most of the goals I set in 2017.
Lots of people often set goals at new year but many find it hard to achieve and fulfil any of them.
Here’s a list of tips for setting and fulfilling goals this coming year.
- Make a list. The best way of setting out your goals is to make a list of what you want to do and how you plan on achieving it.
- Dream, but be motivated. Many people including authors have big dreams that can often seem impossible like getting a big publishing deal or becoming a New York Times Bestselling Author. The key is to stay motivated. If you really want to achieve your goals, you need to put the work in to achieve them. You need have the desire to complete that goal to really see it through.
- Break your goals down into smaller steps. It’s okay to have a lot of goals but the easiest way to get things done is to break them down into smaller, more manageable tasks. For example, if you want to publish your novel. Make a goal to write a little bit each day. That way the task doesn’t seem so overwhelming.
- Do something daily. The best way of getting more done is to work on your goals each day. Even if it’s only a small task, in the end, you will get much closer to achieving your goals. Schedule time each day for just working on your goals.
- Reward yourself. When she finally completed your goal do something to award yourself. Even if it’s just eating a bar of chocolate. Do something that makes you happy as a reward.
What your goals are 2018 and how do you plan on achieving them?