Have you ever asked yourself should I start a blog? Or why should I blog?
You might think that starting a blog would be a huge time waster and take you away from precious time writing your book.
If you have ever asked yourself these questions, I want you to go through this list of benefits that I have learnt from blogging myself.
- It forces you to create a regular writing habit. Writing regularly can increase your productivity and help you when the dreaded writer’s block sets in.
- Writing a blog gives you different insights into writing different topics of genres for example if you write fiction then writing a blog can give you an entirely different perspective on writing different forms of non-fiction.
- It helps you connect with your audience. Depending on what you blog about it can help you connect with your intended audience or group of ideal readers, especially if you write topics related to non-fiction. But if you do write fiction, is a good way of connecting with your readers and fans.
- Writing a blog allows you to write about things you love. Whatever blog topic you decide to write about choose something that you are passionate about. This will keep you motivated to produce more content. it doesn’t matter which topic you decide to blog about – the possibilities are endless.
- It boosts your SEO. Writing a blog is great for SEO or search engine optimisation and will help you to rank higher in Google.
- Writing a blog will help you grow your platform. It’s hard to start building your platform. Whether you are an author, entrepreneur or someone who works from home blogging is a great way to build your online presence.
- Writing a blog is a great way to try out new ideas. For example, I had an idea to create a separate blog from my author site.
- Writing the blog helps to make you an expert in your chosen niche.
- Writing a blog can help you publish a book. There are many successful authors who published books after creating blogs.
- Writing a blog is a good way of promoting your book or business.
What benefits have you found from starting a blog?
Want more resources?